The goal then is to reverse these nagging and persistent problems of the concentration of wealth which undermines our economy and the proper and prosperous operation of our Constitutional republic.
The primary goal is to ensure more pervasive and effective republican governance so that government fulfills its purpose to secure our rights, including our rights to: life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, personal property, and equitable access to the abundant natural wealth and other common wealth we should all enjoy. By adopting for property rights the same dispersal of powers that the federalist vision brought to the US Constitution and applying that republican vision to any enterprise too large for a sole proprietorship, we will reinvigorate our republic. By eliminating the disparities in wealth and the illegitimate claims to live off the fruits of others’ labor that facilitated wildly disparate divisions in incomes and also dangerously concentrated political powers, the plan places economic competition and political participation on a much more solid and equitable footing.
- Strengthen and reinvigorate republican forms of governance at all level of government by placing meaningful decision-making back in the hands of our legislative bodies and the electorate.
- Eliminate ownership of natural resources and instead allow the stewardship over natural resources to be handled through our federalist system and through democratically elected legislatures at federal, state, and local levels and where a primary function of these governments is to ensure all natural resource rents accrue only to public treasuries.
- Eliminate the ignoble corporate control over natural monopoly industries which constitute the foundational wealth assets and infrastructure for our economy, instead placing stewardship of these monopoly resources in the hands of legislative bodies at the most decentralized level suitable.
- Curtail the pervasiveness of exploitation where some receive incomes based on claims to the work performed by others though fully compensating those who bought assets based on such improper claims.
- Enact a one-time-only debt forgiveness to place the US back on a solid economic footing and stimulate new economic activity and new economic prosperity. These debts accrued in large part because of the structural problems created by unwarranted claims to others’ labor in corporate equity shares and asset wealth in natural resources.
- Foster the conditions for stronger communities and more widespread entrepreneurial activity throughout the nation and reduce rent-seeking activities which needlessly diverts potentially productive labor to unproductive swindling activities.
- Reshape the Social Security Administration and Medicare and work with state and local governments to ensure those who face reductions in their net worth enjoy (along with everyone else in America):
- Universal access to education of the highest standards for primary, secondary and higher education and provide these without user fees or with only reasonable user fees; and
- Universal access to enough resources to live with dignity and joy in retirement
- Universal access to medical insurance from cradle until death.
- Ensure this economic transition initiative takes place in a orderly manner with structural adjustment programs in place for financial service workers and others displaced by this economic initiative